Templar Assassin Level 0 1 15 25 30 Health 200 620 1280 2000 2280 Health regen 0.25 2.35 5.71 9.31 10.71 Mana 75 315 651 1035 1179 Mana regen 0 1 2.4 4 4.6 Armor 1 4.83 12.3 19.63 22.63 Att/sec 0.59 0.72 0.99 1.25 1.35 Damage 30‒36 53‒59 97‒103 141‒147 159‒165 Magic resistance 25% Link▶️ Movement speed 305 Link▶️ Attack speed 100 Turn rate 0.7 Vision range 1800/800 Attack range 160 Projectile speed 900 Attack animation 0.3+0.5 Base attack time 1.7 Damage block 0 Collision size 24 Legs 2 Gib type Default
Lanaya, the Templar Assassin, is a very short-ranged agility hero capable of dealing huge bursts of physical damage to swathes of enemies with expert positioning and timing. Unlike most physical damage dealers, Lanaya reaches her damage potential quite early and then scales up from that point with carry items, letting her gank with impunity throughout the mid-game, and her short attack range increases from being comparable to that of a melee hero to a ranged hero with short reach as she levels Psi Blades.
Đang xem: ta dota 2
Her Psionic Traps provide map control and the ability to chase down fleeing heroes from a distance, and Refraction and Meld lets you shrug off high-damage nukes and disjoint projectiles. With a Blink Dagger, Lanaya can quickly materialize in the enemy team’s weakest flank and shred several heroes at once with her Meld and Psi Blades.
Psionic Trap Ward Level 1 Duration Permanent Health 100 Health regeneration 0.5 Armor 0 Magic resistance 0% Status resistance 0% Collision size 8 Vision range 400 (G) Bounty 25 Experience 0 Model scale 1 Abilities Trap Notes Phased
Psionic Trap Ability
- Tango give Templar Assassin health regeneration allowing her to stay in the lane for longer.
- Healing Salve, used at the last moment, can save Templar Assassin from death.
- Clarity help her sustain the mana cost of her Refraction, which is an essential ability for Templar Assassin in her laning phase.
- Iron Branches give an overall cheap damage, health and mana boost and can be built into a Magic Wand later on.
- Boots of Speed is a vital item for every hero in the game in order to escape and chase when necessary.
- Bottle is important for saving runes and sustaining her health and mana while she roams the map to find kills.
- Blight Stone is very cost-effective early game item and will be upgraded later to Desolator.
- Magic Stick can help Templar Assassin out a lot when facing heroes which spam their abilities. The instant health and mana restore can turn around the outcome of a fight when used properly.
- Power Treads provides appropriate attributes, increasing her health or mana at will, as well as raising attack speed.
- Magic Wand makes use of the branches and the Magic Stick from earlier and has a stronger potential heal burst.
- Blink Dagger is essential to reach Templar Assassin’s maximum potential. Although she is technically a ranged hero, her base attack range is similar to that of a melee hero. A Blink Dagger allows her to get in range to attack enemies and land her Meld attack, or to catch up to enemies slowed by her Psionic Trap. In teamfights, it helps her to position herself to use the full potential of Psi Blades. On the other side, it is also a great escaping tool when combined with her spells. Refraction prevents the dagger from getting disabled, but if it does get disabled, Meld can help her hide for a moment and then blink out if the enemy has no True Sight or area spells.
- Desolator increases Templar Assassin’s damage output immensely, since Templar Assassin only deals physical damage by default (besides Psi Blades). The armor reduction of Desolator fully stacks with that of Meld, allowing her to reduce up to 15 armor on a target. This results in a highly increased damage output, which then translates into higher damage with Psi Blades, since their damage is based on what the initial attack target received. On top of this, Desolator also grants a decent raw attack damage bonus.
- Black King Bar may be required to deal with disables; although Refraction helps her from taking any kind of damage, it does not stop disables. If avoiding their disables with blink or Meld is not possible, a Black King Bar should be bought. The item also grants some raw damage and a bit of health, increasing her damage output and survivability further.
- Assault Cuirass, similar to Desolator, synergizes well with Templar Assassin as it reduces enemy armor and increases her attack speed, upping her damage output by a massive amount. Besides that, the additional armor compensates for her squishiness. The armor bonuses and reductions are also auras, making it a valuable contribution to any teamfight.
- Heart of Tarrasque allows Templar Assassin to fight for much longer thanks to its enormous health boost. However, it should only be bought after having built up some damage first, because being tanky does not help her much when she deals little damage.
- Butterfly is always a great item for every agility hero, as it increases attack damage and speed by a lot and also provides evasion, helping against enemy attacks. The evasion also synergizes very well with Refraction, which does not lose any of its damage block charges when Templar Assassin evades attacks.
- Manta Style can be considered on Templar Assassin if some extra push power is required. If one has quick reflexes, its active can also be used to disjoint enemy attacks and spells. It also provides decent stats and grants some mobility. Keep in mind though that, despite her melee-like attack range, Templar Assassin is still a ranged hero, so the ranged illusion values and cooldown are used.
- Daedalus is a great item on Templar Assassin, since a critical strike is spread to all enemies with Psi Blades. It also works extremely well together with her high amount of armor reduction from her ability and typical item choices. However, since it is a chance-based effect and is based on her attack damage, other damage increasing items are required first to unlock its high potential.
- Eye of Skadi grants attributes for tankiness and damage, the slow also keeps enemies in attack range.
- Dragon Lance gives Templar Assassin higher range and a good amount of stats that she needs early-mid game: Strength for health and Agility for armor and damage. The increased attack range also allows Templar Assassin to perhaps skip a few points on Psi Blades and focus on maxing out Meld after Refraction instead. Afterward, it may be disassembled to be turned into a Black King Bar, or kept and upgraded into Hurricane Pike, giving Templar Assassin a second mobility item with Blink Dagger, and its active gives Templar Assassin four possibly unavoidable attacks from any range.
Roles: Carry Escape Complexity: ★★☆ Playstyle: Only the Hidden Temple can satisfy Lanaya’s infinite thirst for knowledge. In exchange for such wisdom, she pledged to protect its mysteries with her latent psionic abilities. Bending the laws of nature itself, Lanaya forms a Refraction field that absorbs incoming blows, yet amplifies outgoing attacks. She Melds into the background, lying in wait to unleash a burst of psionic energy on unsuspecting targets. Violet light emanates from her fingertips, Psi Blades that outrange any melee weapon, and cuts through lines of foes at once. Persistent in her goals, Lanaya marks the ground with magic circles of eldritch design. Those who walk unknowingly over a Psionic Trap can only limp away from the explosion—for their presence has been revealed, and the Templar Assassin is not far behind.
Templar Assassin Equipment (expand sets)SetsWeaponHeadShoulderTauntKinetic Gems
- In DotA, Templar Assassin makes numerous references to the game Starcraft, another famous RTS game by Blizzard. Her ability to manipulate psionic energy, the psi blades she wields, and the mention of her master being originally from Aiur in her DotA biography all apply to the Protoss, one of the three main races of the game. The description of Meld also describes it as the “Art of Shakuras”. In Starcraft lore Shakuras is the capital of the Lenassa clan which is part of the Nerazim faction better known as Dark Templar. Lenassa templars are wearing cloth shrouds on their faces, and have purple warp blades and purple eyes.
- Templar Assassin’s rare response upon snapping a trap, Link▶️ “It’s a trap!” is a reference based on Star Wars’ Admiral Ackbar’s quote from “Return of the Jedi.”
- The response Link▶️ “My body is a temple for which I will kill.” is a reference to the bible verse John 2:19-22.
- Templar Assassin’s response upon killing Snapfire Link▶️ “Alright then, keep your secrets.” is a reference to Frodo’s quote in the 2001 film The Lord of the Rings.